A Caprese salad is an easy way to use up tomatoes and basil. The fresher the basil and tomatoes are the better the salad.
These ingredients are suggestions and you can add more or use less.
- 4 to 6 medium fresh ripe tomatoes
- 12 to 20 fresh Italian basil leaves
- 4 to 6 oz. fresh mozzarella (Paula Lambert’s from The Mozzarella Company is best)
- 5 Tbsp. URBANherbal Coffee Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- URBANherbal Lemon Dill Savory Salt to taste
- Fresh ground Black Pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Cut your tomatoes and mozzarella into thin slices. Rinse your basil leaves and pat dry.
Layer your tomato slices, mozzarella and basil leaves on to a serving platter or small plates.
2. Drizzle the Coffee Fig Balsamic Vinegar and Olive oil over the salad and season with Lemon Dill
Savory Salt to Taste and Fresh ground pepper.
Ready to serve at once.
Makes 4 to 6 servings