This delectable quiche will have you coming back for more. It’s a wonderful lunch or dinner entree, and serves the dual purpose of being both healthy and delicious.
Cumin-Black Bean Quiche Recipe
- 1 baked 9 inch, deep-dish pie crust
- 5 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups of half and half
- 1 16 ounce can of black beans, drained
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ half of a 4 oz. can of diced mild green chilies, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup guacamole
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Fresh oregano, minced for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Combine cheeses, then sprinkle half of it over the crust.
Spread black beans over the cheeses, evenly. Sprinkle chilies and onions over the beans. Cover with the remaining cheeses. Beat the eggs together, half and half, garlic, chili powder and cumin.
Carefully pour the egg mixture over the layered quiche.
Bake about 45 minutes to an hour, until toothpick comes out clean.
Cover edges of crust with foil if needed to prevent over browning.
Cool 10 minutes.
Spread sour cream over the top of the quiche. Spoon the guacamole over the inside edges of the crust. Sprinkle the chopped tomato over top. Complete with garnishing with the oregano.