Looking for a beautiful salad recipe? We’ve got you covered. Our vegetable and edible flower salad recipe will compliment any entree well. Our version uses the very unique Coffee Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette, which you can purchase on our online store.
Green Salad with Vegetables & Edible Flowers dressed with Fig & Coffee Balsamic Vinaigrette with Basil Recipe
- Mixed Salad Greens to Serve 8-10
- Fresh minced chives, and basil
- Sliced cucumbers
- Halved cherry tomatoes, preferably homegrown
- Organic, all-natural edible flowers
- URBANherbal Savory Salt
Makes about 1-1/2 cups.
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons URBANherbal Coffee Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup cup extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Make the dressing. Combine all ingredients except olive oil and pepper in work bowl of food processor fitted with steel blade. Process until smooth.
With machine running, add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream through the feed tube until all has been added. Continue to process for about 15-20 seconds to form a strong emulsion.
Add freshly ground black pepper to taste. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to allow the flavors time to get cozy. Shake well before using.
To assemble the salad, place a portion of the greens on each chilled serving plate. Drizzle desired portion of the dressing over the greens in a “z” pattern.
Arrange the cucumbers, cherry tomato halves, and nasturtiums on the salad and scatter a bit of the salt over the top of the entire salad.
Serves 8-10 people.