- 1 – 1/4 cups ginger snap cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (unsalted), melted
1) Spray a 9″ to 10″ spring form pan with a butter-flavored vegetable oil (e.g. PAM).
2) Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Pat this mixture into the prepared pan. Set aside.
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 – 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk or whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
How to Cook:
1) Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2) Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and the sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and four, until smooth.
3) Add pumpkin, eggs, evaporated milk, and vanilla.
4) Mix until no traces of pumpkin remain.
5) Pour filling mixture into prepared spring form pan, and bake 1 hour.
6) The center will be soft.
7)Turn off oven and let cake cool with door closed for several hours or overnight.
8)Refrigerate cheesecake. May be served with whipped cream, a lemon verbena sprig and thin twist of lemon.