Those who attended our Growing and Cooking with Chili class last Saturday, May 25, were treated to a myriad of delicious treats. Each of these incredible (and HEALTHY) foods represents a reason why attending an Urbanherbal Class is a must.
Mango Peach Salsa with Cilantro Recipe
This salsa contains little fat or cholesterol. Plus, it’s simple, fast, and tastes wonderful!
- 1 small red bell pepper, blistered, peeled, and seeded, then cut into small dice
- 1 cup peeled and chopped ripe peaches
- 1 cup peeled mango, cut into small dice
- 3 medium-sized serrano chiles, seeds and veins removed, minced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 green onion, cut into fine dice
- ¼ cup minced red onion
Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized non-reactive bowl (avoid using tin or aluminum). Stir to blend well and allow the salsa to sit for 30 minutes before serving to marry the flavors. Use the salsa the same day it’s made. Enjoy it with warm corn chips, grilled chicken, fish, or pork.
The five other fun things we made in the class were:
- Mixed Green Salad with Cilantro Dressing
- Chilled Yellow Squash & Poblano Chile Soup with Lime & Chile Crema
- Roast Pork Tenderloin with Blackberry Chile & Mustard Sauce
- Seared Spinach with Shitake Mushrooms & Garlic
- Slow Burn Brownies
Join our subsequent classes and you too could learn to cook these wonderful recipes!