ROSE FLOWER WATER & ROSE GERANIUM POUND CAKE
- 6 rose-scented geranium leaves
- 2 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons URBANherbal rose flower water
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- Zest from one small lemon
- Powdered sugar, bittersweet chocolate, organic red roses, rose geranium leaves as optional garnishes
Preheat oven to 300 F. Butter and flour a 10 inch tube pan. (We like to use a heart shaped pan.)
In a food processor, finely mince geranium leaves with sugar.
Add butter and cream mixture until light.
Mix in eggs, one at a time. Add rose water and extracts.
Sift flour, salt and soda together 3 times.
Add alternately with the sour cream to the butter mixture.
Add lemon zest and blend well.
Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 to ½ hours or until golden and firm.
Loosen edges with a knife, and let stand for 15 minutes in the pan, then invert on rack to cool.
Glaze or dust with powdered sugar, or drizzle with bittersweet chocolate. Garnish.